Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Seventeen Years



Oh how the years go by
Oh how the love brings tears to my eyes
All through the changes the soul never dies
We fight, we laugh, we cry
As the years go by
(Amy Grant)

As the years go by, the hurt doesn't go away. It maybe fades and becomes less sharp over time but the ache for her isn't very far away. I can remember the last time I saw my mom alive. We were having a camp fire with her and dad and as Doug and I walked away, I remember glancing back and waving good bye to her, having no idea I wouldn't see or talk with her again. I miss her. A lot. I wish she could have seen her other three kids get married - she'd have been a wonderful mother in law. I wish she could have seen all her grandkids - she would have loved them so much. I could come up with a thousand more wishes but of course that won't change the path I'm walking today. I can look and see how proud of us she would be and I'll hope that God gives her some updates as He feels necessary. She was beautiful, both inside and out and I will be forever thankful for the years that I had with her. 

When I receive a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses, I am reminded that she is still part of people's hearts and that I am loved by many others. I have an amazing family, friends who are like family and a network of loved ones. I am so blessed. My Father loves me more than anything and I take joy and comfort in knowing that one day I will see my mom's face again. Until that day though, I will live life the best that I can, glorifying God in all I do!


My in laws always remember...

Majesty, worship his majesty;
Unto Jesus be all glory, honor, and praise.
Majesty, kingdom authority,
Flow from his throne unto his own, his anthem raise.
So exalt, lift up on high the name of Jesus.
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus, the King.
Majesty, worship his majesty,
Jesus who died, now glorified, King of all kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails