So what constitutes a best day ever for Sarah?
- simply waking up and seeing me first thing in the morning
- letting her know minutes before we arrive that we are going to someone's house (L & K are her favorites)
- taking her out to get fries or a slurpee
- allowing her to watch another episode of Little House on the Prairie
- going to a friend's house and having the horses come and love her
- giving her the last few mouthfuls of my morning coffee
- taking her for a walk in her stroller
- licking the icing off the beaters
- meeting friends at a park to play or just taking her to a park
- having a morning bath
- eating chocolate chip cookies
And the list could go on. My point is that something so little can make her day the best one ever and it usually takes a very small amount of effort on my part. She lives in the moment and every day brings her joy which in turn brings joy to mine. I am so thankful for this small person who can make even the greyest of days into a happy and sunny one.