Monday, January 19, 2015

Cookies!

Today I was experimenting with an older recipe of mine and after all was said and done, they turned out quite well. I replaced the white flour with almond flour and oat flour and replaced the sugars with coconut sugar and cane sugar.


So the recipe I used today is as follows:

Crackerjack Cookies

1 cup of butter
1 cup of cane sugar (to replace the white)
1 cup of coconut sugar (to replace the brown)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of almond flour
2 ½ cups of oat flour (simply oat flakes ground in my Vitamix)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 cups of oats
2 cups of rice crispies

Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet (I lined mine with parchment paper) and press down slightly.
Bake for 10-11 minutes in a 325* oven. My cookies looked quite underdone when I took them out but they finished their baking while cooling on the cookie sheet. This made 50 good sized cookies.

A few notes about what happened today:

  • I think I only needed ¾ cup of butter, rather than a whole cup but I'll play with that next time
  • If I had used less butter, I would have needed less flour
  • Because almond flour isn't a very dry flour, it took a lot more oat flour to reduce the wetness of the dough
  • I also could probably cut the amount of sugar down as well, but I didn't want to experiment with too many variables at the same time

(A fabulous cookie jar from my sister!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails