Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fifteen!!



Throughout my childhood, my dream was to be a mom. I wanted a baby to hold and love that was mine alone. On May 7th, that dream came true in the form of an eight pound baby boy. 

Fifteen years later, he is now taller than me, his voice deepening and becoming more like his dad's and even showing signs of needing to shave in the not too far off future. He's been working at Wendy's for almost a year now and enjoys what he does there. Lego is still a huge fascination and the sets in his room show how much he enjoys and appreciates them. There is now talk of buying a car because in a year, he will have his independent driver's license and I will have to let go just a little bit more. This fall he is going to be attending the local high school after spending the last nine school years under my wing. I hope and pray that I have provided all the tools for him to be successful, smart and able to stand up for what he believes in. 

I still am amazed that I am the mom of a 15 year old kid! Where did the years go...?


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Jushua! Fifteen is such a developmentally important age if you ask me. I understand it's scaryt o let him go, but it's wonderfult o see him grow too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails