Thursday, May 1, 2014

Daybook {05.01.14}


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is trying to break through the overcast sky of clouds. Signs of winter have finally melted away and the sounds of happy birds are now more common. A few little toys scatter in the yard, showing evidence of kids being able to be outside with less hoopla. Boots and hoodie are all that are needed now.

I am thinking... how much I enjoyed going for a walk yesterday and that I should make it a more regular part of my days.

I am thankful... for prayer filled people in my life.

In the kitchen... still clean after last night's supper. Thanks to my husband who tidied it for me while I was out for a couple hours!

I am wearing... black yoga pants and a red hoodie. Pretty comfortable for today.

I am going... to register my first born for high school. How can it be that I am at this stage of life already?! 

I am reading... Bridge To Haven by Francine Rivers. There's others that I'm in the middle of but sometimes when a new book comes in the mail, I just can't wait to get into it!

I am hoping... that the rain that's forecasted for Arianna's birthday on Sunday will change to sun instead. 

I am looking forward to... my last home visit of this school year. It's such a good feeling of knowing that I did it again... I completed another year of educating my kids and I did well!

I am learning... that peace and joy from God are not dependent on my circumstances. This has been quite a learning curve for me and although I'm still working through it, I'm thankful for how God is helping me grow.

Around the house... mostly tidy with the usual evidence of children living here.

I am pondering... which curriculum will be best for the girls next fall. There's so much to choose from and I want to make the best choice for them.

A favorite quote for today... "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust him." Nahum 1:7

One of my favorite things... coffee and a good book. Or coffee with friends.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Not a whole lot going on for the week but we'll end the weekend celebrating a certain birthday!

A peek into my day... I see another cup of coffee, possibly a walk and a home visit from my facilitator this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails