Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Letter to Me

Even though the Bible was written thousands of years ago, it is still a powerful tool for us to use today. It is full of advice, lessons, promises and letters to God's people. Lately I have been drawn to the book of Ephesians, specifically the first chapter. I paraphrased it and turned it into a personal letter to me from God and when I read it back, I feel so privileged that He is talking to me!

Dear Stephanie,

For it was in me that I chose you, even before I created the world so you could become holy and blameless in my sight. Because I love you, I predestined you to be adopted as my daughter through Jesus Christ which is in accordance with my pleasure and will - to the praise and glorious grace, which I have freely given you in the One I love. In my son Jesus, you have been rescued through his blood, your sins are forgiven in accordance with the riches of my grace, that I lavished on you with all wisdom and understanding. Because you are united with Christ, you were also made an heir and have received an inheritance from me. I chose you in advance because I work everything out to the purpose of my will. This is so that you might be for the praise of my glory. You have been marked with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit who is a deposit guaranteeing your inheritance until the redemption of those who are my possession - I did this so that you would praise and glorify me.

Love,
God

*Paraphrased from Ephesians 1:4-14 (NIV & NLT)




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails