Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Question #7

Are there times when God feels distant from you?

I would have to say yes to this. I think one of the harder times was when we were showered with diagnoses for Sarah in 2011. I was so desperately trying to sort out the "whys" and there just were never any answers. I think in retrospect, God was close but I just didn't let Him near. It took quite a while before I realized that I was putting up a guard and I needed to trust Him in it all. I still have moments when I wonder if my prayers are simply hitting the roof and then once more, I am reassured that He is ever present and listening to me. It's times like that when I think maybe I need to slow down, rest my heart and soul and spend time with Him. Almost as if He feels distant because I am putting the distance between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails