Thursday, November 7, 2013

Question #4

What is your testimony?
I've been sort of avoiding this one because I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. The last time I wrote a testimony was when I was grade 9 or so and I was baptized in church. 

I was born and raised in a Christian home and was brought to church on a weekly basis for as long as I can remember. I don't know exactly when I asked Jesus into my life but I'm sure it was in the early school years, probably when I was in Sunday School or at the Christian school that I attended. In a nutshell, I really haven't known life without God in it despite the many ups and downs I've had. I was a pretty good teenager while I was growing up; I followed my parents' rules and obeyed the curfews. I have had a lot of times where I've drifted away but He was always in my mind, albeit farther away than I care to recall. Throughout my adult life, I have always been surrounded by wonderful Christian friends and that has been such an important part of my faith walk. Life groups, Bible studies and prayer partners are the things that provided me with the most support. I can clearly recall shortly after my mom died, our life group all met in my living room and prayed for me. I know who was there and who stood by me in one of the hardest times that I've endured. I have friends who have listened to every cry and frustration and heartbreak as we received news of Sarah's diagnosis. Never judging me, but always loving me. 

I have been so blessed to have Christ filled relationships throughout my life, including my family, in-laws and friends. I think my walk with God is getting stronger and I am so thankful for those who are walking beside me in this journey now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails