Friday, November 1, 2013

Question #1

1. What has God done in your life or through your life that has caused you to experience His presence? 

Well now, nothing like jumping into the deep end with a thought provoking question like that. Looking back over the years, one time that I felt God's presence the most was shortly after my mom passed away. I was searching for a comfort that was seemingly impossible to fulfill and I remember begging and pleading Him to take the pain away. I know that He was there in the room with us that day crying with us as my Mom entered his presence. My faith has ridden a roller coaster over the years but it was that day that I really felt God near us.

Over the past two and a half years as we've dealt with the highs and lows of a special needs diagnosis, I have called out to God asking for answers that may never be known. Although the times are farther apart than they used to be, I still go through periods of grief as I am frequently reminded of where Sarah isn't. Watching her with kids her age and thinking back of when my other three kids were this age is heart breaking at times. She had no idea of what occurred last night, being October 31. I lucked out and found a sleeper with a kitty hood on it but she figured she was just wearing a pajama which she loves. There was no hoopla about getting treats or dressing up for her. It was just another night. I've never been a fan of Halloween and this year was no exception. It was just a little sad though that she was completely naive about it.

The change in churches has been a huge blessing to me and I find that my faith is growing daily. I feel spiritually refreshed and God is making His presence known in my life in a clearer way. Maybe I'm at a (new) point that my heart is opened up to hear Him again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I can very much relate to the trick-or-treating experience. I posted on my blog about how I choose Kyle's costumes (some years he has gone without) because he doesn't realize he is wearing any. He also could care less about getting candy and getting dressed up. It used to make me very sad that he didn't enjoy the things I thought he should enjoy but I've gotten used to it and it doesn't hurt as much anymore. I am looking forward to reading the answers to your other questions!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails