Thursday, November 28, 2013

Facebook Break

On Tuesday, I made the conscious decision the take a break from Facebook. At first, I wasn't going to say anything but then I thought, if I actually said something, I would be more accountable to myself as well as the people on FB.

To me, Facebook had become a place where I always was and it was consuming a lot of my time. Now, I'll admit that yesterday I went on only to find someone's mailing address and once in my messages, I found someone who might be able to be a respite worker for Sarah in January. I didn't look at anything else though. Yesterday was tough. I realize now how often I would just pop in to check it out. I've decided to make sure that the times that I feel like I should do a quick check that my time will be spent praying or reading my Bible. I was encouraged and inspired by some friends last night and although I won't be off FB forever, at this time, I don't know when I'll be back.

**Disclaimer: I can post this on FB through Blogger without being on Facebook itself.  If you need to get a hold of me, feel free to send me an email or text!


1 comment:

  1. I also took a break from Facebook this past January through May and I have to admit that it was nice! The only reason I went back to facebook was because someone encouraged me to start a page for my Not Just Anyone Blog. I have to admit, it did increase the amount of people who became aware of my blog. By taking that 5-month break from fb, though, when I did return to it, I found that I did not spend as much time on it as before!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails