Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Favorite Place

I have a few "favorite" places that I really like to be.

The first is in the corner of my couch with my laptop and a coffee. This is where I hang out for the first little while of my morning while the rest of my family sleeps. I savour the "me" time that I get before the craziness of my day begins.



I love being in my bed with a book at the end of the day. We have an air conditioner for the master bedroom so we can keep it quite cool. This allows me to lay under the two quilts we have and not feel too hot. I love the weighted feeling of the blankets on me.

The third favorite place of mine is at my in-law's place. I'm so thankful and blessed to have a good relationship with them as I know many people who do not get along with their spouse's family. I love sitting around the fire pit in the summer cooking hot dogs for supper. I love the peace and quiet that the acreage provides. In the winter, there's nothing more welcoming than a roaring fire in the fire place. And it feels like home.



** This blog post was inspired by Writing Prompt Summer Challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails