Friday, July 26, 2013

Things I'm Thankful For


  1. Health services that our city provides. Sarah had to have her speech assessed this week in order to apply for funding. She was transferred from the preschool department to the school side of things and again, we dealt with a wonderful person. The ladies that work in these departments are so good with kids and are full of information and ideas. They are understanding and want to do their very best to work with the parents. 
  2. Books. I love to read. I have shelves of books in my bedroom, in the bonus room, kitchen and basement. For me, they take me away from the world of being a mom to places where anything can happen. 
  3. I appreciate Doug's job and his willingness and desire to work hard for his family. The hours can occasionally get long and there are road trips but he is a good provider. He does whatever he can so I can live my dream of being a stay at home mom and homeschool our children. We both agree that this is beneficial to our family and is the best choice for them.
  4. My children are huge blessings to me. They are loving and kind, empathetic and generous. I am so thankful for their ability to care for and love Sarah when needed.
  5. Other bloggers. I am encouraged and inspired by other writers and I love hearing about their lives and days. It also reminds me that I'm not alone in this journey and despite my toughest days, someone has it worse off than me.
  6. My God who forgives me again and again and again. No matter how often I falter or fall behind, He is always there to welcome me in His arms.


4 comments:

  1. A really nice list, Stephanie. You certainly have much to be thankful for, in spite of some challenges. What a great attitude you have :)

    Thanks for joining up with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love reading. I don't have lots of books around the house, though, as I give them all to my mom and sister when I'm done with them. Plus, I now read more with a Kindle. Do you have any favorites? I'm always looking for recommendations!
    There are some very good, supportive special needs teachers out there, and they certainly are a blessing. I'm glad you are having such good experiences.
    Thank you for linking up with us this week. I so enjoy reading the good happening in people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up with us!

    BTW, my son has microcephaly, too (among other things ;-) ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the hop; you have a wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails