Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Last Day of July

This morning at 5:50, my 9 year old came into my room tearful about a bad dream she just had. Then she asked if she could go watch TV. Knowing what her mood would be like by mid-afternoon, I dragged myself out of bed and snuggled her in with her other two sisters. Just because Doug is out of town, doesn't necessarily mean I have more space to sleep. I'll admit, I was not in the best of moods at that time. I knew that I had a couple choices. I could have been angry and frustrated right out of the bedroom door which would have been fueled by the mess in the kitchen after I had cleaned up from supper. Or, I could stand tall (to my full 5 feet and 2 inches) and brave the day, beginning with a cup of coffee. No one else was up so I'd get that first cup all to myself, hot and sweet. 



The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. 
My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
 ~Psalm 28:7

So for today, with one cup of coffee down and the hope of some sunshine today, I will chose the joyful road, rather than the angry one. It won't be easy but it can be done.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. YES. This. This is my almost every-morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi, it is very unusual for me to stay in bed past 6:30, whether because of one of my kids or simply waking up on my own.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails