Sunday, July 14, 2013

Daybook {07.15.13}


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the lawn has been freshly cut by my son who is becoming more and more like a young man and less like a little boy. I love the smell of the yard after it's been mowed.

I am thinking... that I have a busy week ahead of me. The big girls are in a sports camp with our church and Joshua has a couple of work shifts. I'm glad the kids can do a few things like this to keep occupied with during the summer.

I am thankful... for summer weather. I really don't love much about winter months and this is such a refreshing season for me. I like to be warm and spend time outside with the kids. And not need a coat. Or boots. Or mitts. 

In the kitchen... it is marvellously clean. Supper is long over and it is simply waiting for the morning rush in less than 12 hours.

I am wearing... capri length cotton pants with a tank top. 

I am creating... something called 'social stories' for Sarah. The idea is to create a story for her that will help her with transitions, new ideas and basic tasks for living. 

I am going... to spend the last hour of my day reading. The girls all went to bed early and I'm going to enjoy these quiet moments.

I am reading... A Voice In The Wind by Francine Rivers. It's really thick and taking me a while to get through. 

I am hoping... that Sarah will continue to sleep well during the nights. She's been doing really good at staying in bed with Arianna until morning and she loves her two mini cookies that she gets as a little treat.

I am looking forward to... a few hours this week with just Sarah. It'll be quite different with just one hanging around me!

I am learning... how to research and figure out the 'system' in a way that will benefit Sarah the most this fall. I'll be able to get into that in a future post once I nail down some details.

Around the house... tidy. The little girls are in bed, Joshua is out driving with Doug and Andrea is in her room reading. I wonder how long it will stay like this...

A quote for today... "God is and all is well." (written on the headstone of my mom's grave)

One of my favorite things... the sound of laughter from my children. Happy noises like that make me think that things are alright in their world.

A few plans for the rest of the week... sports camp for the big girls, work for Doug and Joshua, some one on one with Sarah. Maybe I'll try to find a lunch date for her and I, have a visit with a friend or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails