Thursday, May 23, 2013

Daybook {05.23.13}

For today... May 23, 2013




Outside my window... The sunshine is peering over the fence, slowly warming up the yard. Maybe in preparation for a little girl who has been asking to play outside since 6:00 this morning. 

I am thinking... that I need to do some purging and deep cleaning again. Things are starting to collect and I don't care for the clutter.

I am thankful... for a sweet early riser who helps me appreciate the benefits of getting the day started.

In the kitchen... clean. No one has created a breakfast mess yet.

I am wearing... pyjama pants and an old baggy tee shirt of Doug's. Nothing fancy.


I am creating... a smash book. It's a different kind of scrapbooking that's done in a journal. Lots of room for creativity and doing whatever the imagination wants.

I am reading... Hm, hard to answer this one. I've got a couple on the go but none of them are grasping my attention. Either that or I'm going to bed too late to really get into the story and enjoy it.

I am hoping... that the garden Andrea and I planted this weekend will take root. Literally. I did it solo this year, although I've helped my mother in law plant it for the past few years. My lines are not quite as straight as hers would have been and I saw that I need to re-do my labels. Otherwise we'll be having 'garden surprise' this fall! 

I am looking forward to... my traveling husband coming home tonight. I miss him when he's gone and it's always nice to have him back.

I am learning... trying to see the positive side of things. I tend to think about and dwell upon the negatives and I'm working on changing that.

Around the house... cluttered. Needing to do something about that today.

A favorite quote for today... "
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

One of my favorite things... Tiny baby hands holding my face in the early hours of the morning, a face peering into my sleepy eyes: "Mommy, I need sump'ing to eat."

A few plans for the rest of the week: Well, the week is almost over. The girls have a piano recital tonight, and hopefully spend some time at the acreage before Doug's parents leave on their month long vacation. 

A peek into my day... laundry, house work, family time... 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails