Saturday, July 28, 2012

Little Bear

Earlier this winter, we had to make the difficult decision to put our dog Sadie to sleep.   I had then promised myself that our family was going to wait a year until we considered another one.  I didn't want the heartache of another sick dog, I didn't want to house break again, I didn't want the inconvenience that can occasionally come with having a pet such as trips and stuff.  Then as I was perusing Facebook, I came across an ad where someone was looking for a new home for their Shih Tzu (pronounced sheet-zoo).  Little Bear is a two year old, neutered, trained, purebred.  I quickly passed by it and moved on with my day.  The ad lingered in my mind constantly and I let it be for about a week.  Somehow, I came upon the ad again.  I messaged Doug with the picture and Bear's bio and he was hooked.  We decided not to tell the kids until we met the dog, and the looks on the girls' faces when I told them we were taking him home was priceless. The kids were (and are) elated.  I think having three much older kids (and no baby) will make having a pet much easier. 

I will admit that even a week ago, I said I didn't want another dog and part of me thinks I'm crazy to do it again.  I have had a dog in my life for as long as I can remember and so it does seem fitting that we are continuing with it.  I'm still working through some logistics as to how I make trips to Calgary work out.  He loves my kids, they love him and {maybe} if for no other reason, I got this pup to fill that void in their hearts that Sadie left behind.  And admittedly, as I was playing with Little Bear this morning, I could feel myself starting to really like having a pet again. 



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails