Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (Vol. 3)

~1~
A lot of changes have occurred in our family.  Doug is currently looking for a new job and I keep remembering the verse from Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  There is a plan for us.  I can't wait to see what it looks like!

~2~
I think the kids and I have spring fever.  Despite a bunch of snow that fell late last week, the bikes are still out and they continue to be outside.  It would be so nice if the weather was a bit warmer to melt the last of the snow which would make it warmer.  In anticipation for the spring weather, I bought us a used bike trailer/stroller for Sarah.  I'm looking forward to getting back on my bike and getting outdoor exercise.

~3~
Sarah... she has been making such great strides in her speech.  So much so, that we are no longer in the "Play & Say" program at our local health unit.  This was a one on one session that allowed a speech pathologist to see where Sarah was at and to offer suggestions and ideas to me to help her improve.  One of her newest sounds that I'm so happy about is the "sn" sound.  She went from saying "sake" to "sNake".  I'll credit our trip to the museum for that.  She still loves play-doh and Curious George.  I recently bought her a few pairs of yoga/cotton pants so that she doesn't have to be in jeans all the time and my other wonderful find was onesie diaper shirts that fit her!  That means for her, she doesn't have to have the pants waist band rubbing on her skin which is something that she really doesn't like.  These changes will hopefully help with her Sensory Processing issues.

~4~
Each of my older kids are now in the next grade of math.  They are all so proud of themselves and I of them as well.  This is one {of the many} things that I just love about homeschooling.  There is no need for them to stay at the same level as everyone else.  On the flip side, when one of my kids needs some extra attention on an area, I am able to provide that to them without having a huge impact on the entire "class".

~5~
I was once asked in a Bible/book study, what did I think I was created to do with my life.  I firmly believe I was born to be wife and mom.  For as far back as I can remember, I played house or dolls.  I was always a little momma to an assortment of babies.  It wasn't long after we were married that Doug and I began our family and now with our amazing four kids, I feel like I'm living my life to the fullest.  I didn't always envision home education in my play but I also know that it is God's leading and His will for me to do this with our kids.  They make me so proud and I love seeing them grow up and become their own individual persons. 

~6~
I need to get my camera out more often.  I love seeing the world through a lens and I've been missing it lately.  I can't wait for the weather to improve a bit for some great outdoor pictures!

And that's it for today.  Only six takes this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails