Saturday, March 3, 2012

Seven on Saturday

 

-1-
We don't like to be disappointed.  In the ideal world, we simply have everything go smoothly without any bumps in the road.  We are pushing our big US trip up to June.  Although the delay is a bit of a bummer, after hearing about the crazy tornado storms occurring in the south, I'm beginning to wonder if it is for the better that we wait until a few more months.  The tornado season will be over and the weather as a whole will be much warmer.  I'm convinced that's a good thing!

-2-
We are all {slowly} getting used to not having a little dog underfoot.  Even though I am positive it was the right move for Sadie, I still miss some things about her.  For one, the floor is much more crumby.  Sadie was picky about what she ate off the floor but I now notice how much she actually DID eat.  I don't miss the accidents but I do miss the fuzz-therapy {as Doug called it}.  We received a sympathy card in the mail this week and it was nice to know that the vet cared enough about us and the hard decision we made to do just that little act of kindness.  

-3-
Sarah has begun the stage of nightmares and night terrors.  Last night at about 1:00 in the morning (she was in bed with us), she woke up with a piercing scream.  Nothing like being jolted out of a deep sleep to the shrieks of your little girl and no way to settle her down.  It took a few minutes of crying off and on before she settled back into a deep sleep for the rest of the night.  Poor little girl of mine.

-4-
The kids and I are really enjoying something called Amish Friendship Bread.  You can read about it here if you'd like.  It begins with a Ziplock bag of a creamy mixture called *starter*.  For the next 10 days, this starter is mixed in the bag and has new ingredients added to it on days 5 & 10.  On day 10, the big bowl of batter is divided back into three new bags and the remaining batter becomes this delicious cinnamon loaf.  The idea is to give two of the bags to friends and use the 3rd bag to begin your own 10 day cycle again.  I've seen many variations for the final recipe and I keep tweaking it to make it just a little better. 

-5-
After a crazy mild winter, we received a huge dump of snow.  The week before we were in runners and light jackets, now we are back to boots and heavy coats.  Go figure.  I was really hoping the snow would stay away but it wasn't meant to be that way.  Wishful thinking I know... it's Alberta right?

-6-
I miss my craft room.  Yes, it's still there, full of paper, stamps, inks, embellishments and anything I need.  I just feel like my creative spirit is lacking and I don't know how to retrieve it.  Maybe I just need a day to spend time in it and then the creative mind set will return.  Perhaps that will be tomorrow's activity...

-7-
I'm glad it's the weekend.  The kids get to be with their friends, Doug and I spend most of the days together and there is just a sense of reconnecting after a long and busy week.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails