Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to Routine

If I were to say that our first day back at the books was pleasant, successful or even tolerable, I'd be lying.  After a very long break (we didn't do much in November due to Sarah's appointments and essentially took three weeks off in December), getting into the routine of school was like nailing bubbles to the wall.  The older two weren't too keen on getting out of bed in the first place and it really didn't get a whole lot better from there.  I had a visit with a friend which was a wonderful break in my day but I felt like I nagged at the kids most of the day and to what benefit?  In the end, I released them to the beckoning sunshine, made a cup of coffee and snuggled down to watch a movie with my runny nosed three year old. 
I made a delicious supper, we watched Mr. Popper's Penguins (cute movie) and spent the evening just being together.
I tucked all three of my kids into bed with a hug, kiss, an apology and a promise that tomorrow will be better. 
As Miss. Stacy, from Anne of Green Gables said while walking home with Anne, "Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistakes in it."

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie,

    I loved your post. Our first day was similar. My favourite line: "getting into the routine of school was like nailing bubbles to the wall." Wow, is that true! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, that Ms. Stacy is a bright one ... there are definitely no mistakes in tomorrow! Wishing you a happy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails