Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dental Woes

I don't like the dentist.  Period.
I think my fear stems from YEARS of problems and cavities.  Fillings, needles, scraping and scratching at every appointment. I recall hearing something about my weak enamel.
Up until last summer, it had been many years since I had gone.  As a result, I had quite a few issues with my teeth.  After the initial x-rays and cleaning, I had one quadrant (top left) done which included a root canal, fillings and an extraction. Oh. Joy.  I finally mustered up the courage to go again.  After paying them $120 just to LOOK in my mouth and take an x-ray, I got a quote (uninsured) to get two measly teeth fixed.  Both are root canals and one may end up being an extraction.  Now my fear isn't simply of the dentist but how on EARTH I am going to afford it.  Thankfully Doug's insurance will cover us in three months... here's hoping I can wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails