Sunday, April 10, 2011

Morning Person

I am one of them.  Always have been, always will be.  Today Sarah woke me, wanting to nurse a bit.  Easy for her and she goes back to sleep.  Me, I start the wheels in my head rolling.  Thinking about my girls having a sleepover down the road.  About Joshua who is fighting a cold and wondering if he needs his inhalers.  About Doug who came in really late after an evening filled with conversation with a good friend.  About how super quiet and peaceful it is on the acreage.  I thought about what I have to make before heading to my sister's this afternoon. 
Sure enough, after about 20 minutes of *thinking*, I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.  I rolled Sarah over because she WAS sleeping again and just got up.  I had a moment of wishing I could fall asleep again but knew it would be pointless to just lay in bed. 
I genuinely like being a morning person.  I enjoy the time alone.  With homeschooling three of the four kids, I find there isn't a lot of *me* time and so I take these quiet morning moments for me.  I enjoy my coffee, catch up with my Facebook friends, check the weather, read some comics and welcome the day on my own.  Slowly, my sweet littles join me.  Usually Arianna or Joshua is first.  Then Arianna or Joshua is next.  Doug usually bring Sarah down to me next.  Once we're up and moving around, Andrea gets woken up.  (Note: she is NOT a morning person)  The day is then running.  I love the busyness that my family has and I am equally thankful that something (or someone) wakes me up early enough to simply enjoy the quiet of the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails