Saturday, March 26, 2011

Love is Tough

Andrea had asked to sleep over at a friend's house yesterday.  I don't know this girl very well but I've heard some things that they do and say, none of which I really want my daughter to be around.  Doug and I said she could not go.  She was angry at me for most of the day... right up until bedtime in fact.  Around 9:00, she came into my room and asked me why she couldn't go.  I told her that my reasons wouldn't make sense to her and she may not understand.  There is something called mother's instinct that just warns us about a situation.  I can't explain it but I felt like she shouldn't go.  I was right, she didn't understand.  I took her frustration at me with a grain of salt and stood my ground. 
Andrea seemed to be in a better mood this morning and actually told me of a dream she had... she was at this friend's house for the sleep over and while she slept the hostess' older sisters had colored on her face while she was sleeping.  She woke up feeling grateful that she stayed home.  Being a mom is tough and the choices we make on behalf of our children aren't easy but we really do have their best interest in mind.
I love you Andrea and even though you may think I am determined to make your life miserable... I'm not.  Your safety is of utmost importance to me and I will protect you for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails