Monday, January 24, 2011

Untitled (for now)

While I was online this morning, I was searching and researching different home school boards.  I am looking in particular for a board that accepts and encourages "parent-led" education.  I mentioned some of my concerns and thoughts a few days ago since that's when I was beginning to feel it was time to move on.  I had read the following on a website I found:

"We believe that while the government has a responsibility to see to it that its citizens are receiving an education, parents have been given primary responsibility and authority from God to determine the content and nature of what their children are taught. That is why educational services, as an extension of this parental authority, must be operated and directed by parents who together with teachers, educational assistants, and administrators develop a community that is faithful to and consistent with parental responsibility." ~Roots Homeschooling~

Their philosophy on home education was exactly what I needed to read.  Such encouragement that I AM making the right decision.  The kids love the home days and tolerate the school days.  When I asked each of them individually if they'd be interested in returning to full time home schooling, I received eager enthusiasm by all.  Another few months to complete the current year and then we'll dive into a whole {sort of} new endeavor. 

1 comment:

  1. Prayers as you take on this "new" endeavor!!! How exciting for all of you:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails