Thursday, October 28, 2010

Been too long

since I last blogged.  I have been so very busy with other things that posting here has taken a back burner position.  I've thought of it often and have missed updating it.  Looking back, my last post was almost 2 weeks ago so I have a lot to catch up on.  
The kids' school keeps me busy, especially the home part.  I need to spend a good 3-4 hours focusing on their education needs and helping them in areas that they need.  
I tried potty training.  I say tried because I wasn't successful.  She'd have days where I would catch her and she would have no messes and then other days where I missed her cues all the time and I spent so much of my day cleaning the floor.  It was getting to be a stress point for both of us and I felt that letting it go was for the best.  I figure, she won't go to grade one in diapers.
I've been sewing.  Lots.  I made a quilted advent calendar first and then I bought the materials to make Sarah a new quilt.  She needed a bigger one anyhow.  I actually really enjoying making it and decided to pursue my sewing abilities as a small business.  I have made three school bags, two for my girls and one is for sale and once I put the word out that I was making quilts to sell, I had lots of interest.  That really excites me.  We'll see how much success I have with that.  
The weather has taken a turn for the cold.  I don't particularly care for the nippy mornings and cool evenings but I suppose that by living in Alberta, there's no way around it... winter is coming eventually.  This was also a great time (not) to realize that not one of the older three kids have winter gear.  I lucked out by ordering jackets from Old Navy online... they were 35% off!  Now for boots, mitts and hats.  *sigh*
Well, I think that about sums up the past couple weeks.  Here's a few pictures of our recent adventures at home!

 Arianna having her first sleep over!
 Sarah learning to eat on her own!
 A small glimpse of my nativity calendar
 Andrea... costume was designed and created on her own.
 Sarah showing off her new skirt
 Andrea's school bag
 Arianna's school bag
The bag I made to sell

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, I am so excited for you and your small business! Your work is beautiful:) That first photo of the sleepover...so sweet. They are so close to each other as they sleep!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails