Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last Post of 2009

The "Free Dictionary" defines resolution as:

1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.

Around this time every year, people start thinking about New Year's Resolutions.  Promising themselves and others that they will change how they do something, bad habits, lose weight, that sort of thing.  I tend to avoid making them simply to fail at committing to my own promises.  This year is no different and yet I know there are things I would like to change about myself and family that would certainly be for the better.  I am going to set some goals that hopefully in a year, I can re-read this blog post and say to myself "I have succeeded".

So, my goal list includes:

- reading daily to my children 
- saving all my receipts so I can return things to a store if necessary
- growing closer to God through personal prayer time and digging more into HIS Word
- committing to a healthier lifestyle that includes better food choices and a more active lifestyle
    I think these are reasonable goals.  Nothing too outrageous or impossible... just small changes that can make a big difference.

    1 comment:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails