Friday, November 20, 2009

Officially moved in

Well, after six weeks of packing, purging and preparing, we are finally in our new home.  Monday was the big day and we were surrounded by the love and help of Doug's family and my sister and brother in law.  We were able to borrow a car trailer owned by a friend of my father in law and had been filling and loading it for weeks.  This meant that when we received the keys to the new house, it was simply a matter of driving over and unpacking the first load.  By mid afternoon, the guys left for the old house again to load up the big stuff.  While they were gone, Alicia and I managed to clean up the living room and set up the kitchen.  I felt like if nothing else was ready, except the kitchen, I could function fairly well.  I think it was around 5:30 when the second trailer-load showed up.  Round two of utter chaos.  Shortly after the trailer arrived, five friends from Doug's 'BoB' group showed up,  What a true blessing to have eight men helping move and unload with us.  The evening flew by.  What a flurry of people running in and out, me directing traffic, kids and kids everywhere getting underfoot... Once the last item was taken from the trailer (I had lost track of time by that point), our help then began to set up beds for my kids so they'd have a place to sleep.  I think it was close to 9:30 when everyone headed home.  The kids were finally in bed by 10:30, and I was under the covers at 11:00.  Unfortunately, the adrenaline was still running through me and I had a tough time settling down.  Sleep finally took over my body and I fell into a restless sleep. 
I love my new place.  I'm not sure it's "home" yet but it is getting better.  Lots of work yet ahead of me but it will be alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails