Thursday, June 18, 2009

1:00 In The Morning


And the house is quiet and still. I sit and rock in "our" chair nursing Sarah. Yes, at nearly a year old, she still wakes up to nurse. I hesitate to say "eat" since she only latches for a slight 5 minutes and that she is simply looking for the comfort that only I can provide. I know full well that I am just satisfying and perhaps encouraging her nightly waking habit and yet I hold no frustrations to being wakened by her cries. There is something about holding her close to me with no distractions, kids, phones, or computers. It is the only nursing session in our day that she falls asleep in my arms and I know that one day, my baby will no longer sleep with me as she does now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. When they need it so frequently in the beginning, we are bone weary and it can be frustrating... and then they need it less and we start to cherish those quiet moments of nursing alone more. Sweet post.--j

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails